27 Jan 2014
Everyday we get news that one more hotel has started keeping tablets in rooms.
Today, it’s the InterContinental Los Angeles. As per this article in HotelChatter, they keep in every room, besides other first aid things, two Tylenol, two decongestants, 2 antacid relief tablets :)
Yes tablets can be these as well!
We are super excited to share that Blynk’s Hotel Magazine has become THE magazine for hoteliers. It is by far the number one magazine for hoteliers all over the world. In it, you will find the latest news and tips for hoteliers.
Read The Hotel Magazine on your Flipboard.
Heads In Beds is a book about the insides of the hotel industry. The book is a best seller and ranked among top 150 books on Amazon. Some reviews by readers:
The title is funny, but it’s just the beginning of this factual, entertaining and even informative look at the hospitality industry.
It’s fun to find out what goes on behind the scenes at the hotel, and you know, it’s pretty much what you thought.
27 Aug 2012
A previous experience I had with the hotel is the 4th most important selection criteria for travellers as per the just released MMGY Global 2012 Portrait of American Travellers.
Blynk Hotel enables hotels to provide a revolutionary guest experience and positively influence this critical hotel selection criteria.
- 55% guests use the internet during their hotel stay.
- 87% guests use Wi-Fi.
- Charges for internet access can drag down satisfaction.
- Guests that are charges for internet have a costs and fees satisfaction score of 688, 76 points lower than those that were not charged for internet separately.
- Guests use social media both to complain about bad Internet access and praise hotel brands for fast Internet service.
- Guests frequently complain about Internet fees charged by hotels.
- Extra charge for Internet access is now perceived as being taken advantage of, especially since there are many places offering free Internet.
27 Jun 2012
Is your hotel on Hipmunk?
After becoming one of the best way to search for flights, Hipmunk has released its innovative search experience to hotels!
Read more in this article: http://thenextweb.com/apps/2012/01/09/new-hipmunk-app-lets-you-search-for-the-hottest-hotels-using-heatmaps/
Starwood commits 75% of its marketing budget to digital.
All service industries are realizing the growing importance of social and mobile mediums.
17 Feb 2012
Room Key is founded by 6 hotel giants. The idea is to directly compete with sites like booking.com.
The site is backed by:
- Choice Hotels