Charge For Wi-Fi = Lower Guest Satisfaction Score!
A recent J.D. Power study finds:
- 55% guests use the internet during their hotel stay.
- 87% guests use Wi-Fi.
- Charges for internet access can drag down satisfaction.
- Guests that are charges for internet have a costs and fees satisfaction score of 688, 76 points lower than those that were not charged for internet separately.
- Guests use social media both to complain about bad Internet access and praise hotel brands for fast Internet service.
- Guests frequently complain about Internet fees charged by hotels.
- Extra charge for Internet access is now perceived as being taken advantage of, especially since there are many places offering free Internet.