One of the first questions that pops in the mind of hoteliers, when we give demos of Blynk iHotel is, whether the cost of installing tablets has a reasonable ROI.
29 Oct 2012
Once you have your own shining new mobile and tablet app, then what. How do you promote your app to your guests, how do you spread the word, how do you encourage guests use the app in the hotel. Below are some of the ways you can do this.
We recently did a survey to find out if guests are interested to use hotel apps. Here are some key findings:
- 65% said they would download the hotel app
- 93% said they would use the app on a tablet from the hotel room
- 93% said they would find such an app very useful
To get your own hotel app, contact us now.
09 Oct 2012
Data released recently on usage of hotel apps in cases where hotels have installed tablets in rooms have found that more than 80% guests have used the tablet app on an average during their stay.
- 82% Guests used the tablet app during their stay.
- 11 number of uses (transactions) per stay.
- The most popular services are:
- In-room dining, 41% of total requests
- Wake-up calls, 21% of total requests
- Housekeeping requests, 7% of total requests
Blynk’s own surveys reveals that guests are eager to download hotel apps on their smartphones to explore hotel services, local information and place requests and orders directly from the app.
Starwood commits 75% of its marketing budget to digital.
All service industries are realizing the growing importance of social and mobile mediums.